PHOTOGRAPHY IN THE ASPENS
NATURAL LIGHT/CHANGING PERSPECTIVES
October 22-24, 2021
On behalf of Black Butte Ranch and and Rick Schafer Photography, LLC we would like to invite you to attend the 2021 Photography In The Aspens Workshop scheduled for October 22-24, 2021 at Black Butte Ranch.
The workshop begins on Friday afternoon, all day Saturday, and will end at noon on Sunday and we welcome beginning, intermediate and advanced students. Cost for the workshop is $400 per student. This price does not include lodging or prepared meals. Registration is available through www.blackbutteranch.com.
Over the course of the weekend we will be discussing how students can learn to use the camera as a creative tool. We will discuss camera presets to help determine correct exposure and depth of field, studying the concepts of composition and light and teaching students how to see the world more creatively through the camera and lens.
For those returning students, we look forward to seeing you again, and for the first time students, welcome and get ready for a great weekend of learning and exploration in one of the most beautiful regions in the Pacific Northwest.
This year we have selected some locations off the Ranch that we will be traveling to based on the weather conditions and opportunities that we are presented with.
We will be meeting at 4:00pm on Friday for introductions and to go over the schedule for the weekend. While we will have a printed schedule in place, changes are possible due to atmospheric conditions. I will meet with each of you individually Friday evening to discuss your goals for the weekend.
- Be prepared to go into the field Friday evening for photography.
- Please start with having memory cards that have maximum space available.
- Make sure that your batteries are charged and ready to go.
- Tripod! You will need a tripod for some of the techniques that we will be discussing.
- Please bring your owners manual for your camera in case questions regarding operation come up.
- There will be some short, easy to moderate hikes, so please bring comfortable hiking shoes. As always, be prepared for a variety of weather possibilities in terms of clothing.
If you have any other questions prior to the weekend, please feel free to contact me via e-mail, email@example.com or cell phone 503-319-1200.
Looking forward to a great weekend!